The Simon Gorgin Jewellers website (the “website”) is published by Simon Gorgin tading as Simon Gorgin Jewellers (“we” or “us”). We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our website visitors. This policy sets out how we treat your personal information.
While you are using this website, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information relating to any materials that you download from this website
- Information that you provide for the purpose of communication with us or the website’s third-party contributors (name, address, email address, phone number, organisation, etc)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to (or paying for) our services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
Our Right to Process Information
Under General Data Protection Regulations Article 6 (1) (a) (b) and (e), we have a right to process information as set out above, provided it is with your consent or processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (including contractual arrangements).
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from that server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on this website. We use the session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate the website. We may use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Click here for more detailed information on cookies.
Further information on the management of cookies for users of common web browsers can be found at the following links:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (for Apple mobile devices)
- Safari for Apple Macs
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google stores this information.
Your Personal Data
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general communications such as newsletters to which you have subscribed
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on this website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Information Storage and Security
We have a duty to ensure the security of any personal data we hold. We make reasonable endeavours to ensure that any personal information we collect from you is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. We do this through appropriate technical measures and appropriate policies, copies of which can be requested via the contact page of this website.
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store all the personal information you provide us on our web host’s secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. However, be aware that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. If you are one of this website’s third-party contributors, you are responsible for keeping your password and log-in details confidential.
Access to Information
We store your data only for the purpose for which it was collected and only for as long as necessary, after which it will be deleted. You have the right to request access to the information we hold on you. You can do this by contacting us via the contact page of this website.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us via the via the contact page of this website so we can update your data and keep it accurate.
If you would like us to delete the information we hold about you, please send us a request via the contact page of this website.
Right to Object
If you believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the purpose for which it has been collected, you may send us an objection via the contact page of this website.
Updates to This Policy
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.